Summer Blogger Tour: Ana Loves



Today we have Ana from Ana Loves. This girl is a rather impressive 17 year-old, who about to be going into her Junior year at college - which I have learnt is 3rd year for you Brits, I thought it was second ;). I for one am very jealous of this girls mega-brain! 

So to get to know Ana better I thought we could have a little Q&A with out resident brain box. Although I decided to keep to bookish questions rather than testing her IQ.

Enjoy!


Q&A
with Ana



Hi, I’m Ana! I’m the owner of Ana Loves and co-admin of Fandom Source. I’m a 17 year old girl from South Florida who bakes too many cookies and reads way too much.


How long have you been blogging? Why did you start?

I’ve been book blogging for almost four months now. I started blogging on Fandom Source around four months and loved it! However, the owner decided to gear the blog to book to movie adaptations, which was fine, but I really loved reviewing books. I then decided to create my own blog so I can continue reviewing and discussing books. I still love working on Fandom Source, but I’m really happy I started my own.

What’s your favorite book cover?

Wow this is a really hard one! Um, I’m going to say Alienated by Melissa Landers. That cover is absolutely gorgeous:

What are your book pet hates?

I actually have a few. I hate when characters have absolutely no growth throughout a book. In my opinion, character growth is the most important element in a book- without it the book seems flat, to me at least. I also really hate when characters fight over trivial things, especially when the argument is preventing a more exciting event to occur.

If you could be transported into the pages of one book and live there what book would it be and why?

Okay this is the hardest question ever. I’m honestly tied between The Mortal Instruments and Harry Potter. TMI has such an intriguing world. Shadowhunters, demons, runes……everything about it is so creative and adventurous! On the other hand, Harry Potter is such a magical world. Like many other people, this series changed me. It made me fall in love with reading and sparked my creativity. I loved the world, the characters, and I can imagine myself cheering Harry on during a Quidditch game while sipping on butterbeer. If I HAD to choose I think I would pick HP-because honestly it’s Harry Potter.

Harry Potter or The Hunger Games? 

Definitely Harry Potter. I like The Hunger Games trilogy, but it doesn’t compare to the Harry Potter series.

What’s your favorite genre and why?

I read middle grade and young adult books, but I mostly read young adult. My favorite sub-genre in YA has to be paranormal or fantasy. I love reading about worlds that doesn’t compare to mine. I also read contemporary, but not as much.

In your opinion, what is the most underrated book you’ve ever read? And why do we need to read it?

I actually have two, sorry if that’s cheating! The first one is Small Circles by Megan Duke. It’s a contemporary novel about a group of friends who are all going through a tough time. The book follows these friends through their high school lives and their first year of college. It is a beautiful novel and recommends that EVERYONE read it. I personally related to this story and love it to no end.

My next underrated book recommendation is The Hunter’s Companion by Lori Powell. This is another beautifully written novel, but it’s from my favorite genre, fantasy. The Hunter’s Companion takes place in the UK and is AMAZING! It actually has dual perspectives- a girl in the past and a girl in the present. Their stories are beautifully intertwined. Oh and did I mention that it’s a witch novel? Oh yeah, it gets better. There’s action, witches, and swoon worthy boys.

What’s your most anticipated book of 2014?

Hmmm, first thing that comes to mind was The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. It’s the sequel to The Fifth Wave, which is an action packed science fiction book. I adored the first book and cannot wait to see what happened to the characters.

Any Book Boyfriends we need to know about? We want names so we can swoon over them too ;)

DAEMON BLACK! He’s the best book boyfriend ever. He’s from the Lux series and oh gosh he’s so hot. At first he seems like a jerk (but most guys in books are), but you learn to love him- like head over heels in love. There are others of course- Jace Wayland, Will Herondale, Aelyx- but Daemon will always be number one *swoons*

If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be and why?

Ooooh, I take back what I said before; this is definitely the hardest question. The book I would choose will be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. It was the book that started it all and I’ve already read it 10 times, so I think I could read it over and over again without getting sick of it.

1 comment: