SBPT: Between The Pages




The Summer Blogger Promo Tour kicked off last week and today is the first of my posts. Today I am featuring the lovely April from Between the Pages.  April started her blog around a year ago to give her a space to chat about her love of books, like so many of us bloggers. She's an avid reader of YA and Dystopian (because she has rather epic taste) and I'd suggest checking out her review of Anna and the French Kiss it's pretty cool. 

I'll let April take over now, enjoy. 


I'LL MEET YOU THERE
by Heather Demetrios

Pages: 388 (hardcover)
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Publishing Date: February 3rd 2015

If seventeen-year-old Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing standing between straightedge Skylar and art school are three minimum-wage months of summer. Skylar can taste the freedom—that is, until her mother loses her job and everything starts coming apart. Torn between her dreams and the people she loves, Skylar realizes everything she’s ever worked for is on the line.
Nineteen-year-old Josh Mitchell had a different ticket out of Creek View: the Marines. But after his leg is blown off in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be. What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s dusty Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and soon, something deeper. 


So I LOVE the book I’ll Meet You There, it is my NUMBER 1 top read of 2015. This was a book I related to having grown up around the Military and currently living close to Four Military bases in Virginia. I thought it would be fun to share with everyone my dream cast for when this novel is made into a movie. (Notice I said when not if, that is how much I love this book)



So we’ll start off with Josh Mitchell, I chose Scott Eastwood, because he’s hot and I would watch him, especially since Josh takes his shirt off and Scott looks good without a shirt. J


And for Skylar Evans, I chose Alexis Bledel, there is just something about Sky that reminds me a bit of Rory from Gilmore Girls, so to me this is a perfect fit.



For the Character of Chris, Sky’s awesome friend, I see a little Kurt from Glee in him, so I’m going with Chris Colfer.



As for Dylan, Sky’s best female friend I am going to go with Vanessa Lengies. I have no real reason to pick her other than I think she would be good as Dylan, a single mother who still likes to party a little.

So there you have it. My dream cast for I’ll Meet you There!

1 comment:

  1. I love this dream cast so much! I definitely need to check out this book. I love your blog design by the way! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete